California Attorney Handles Construction Litigation
Experienced lawyer assists clients with building project disputes
Whether you’re involved in a simple home remodel or complex commercial construction project, disputes can cost you time and money, rob you of the enjoyment of your property, and seriously threaten your residential or commercial property investment. The Law Office of Cathleen Curl represents clients in the Millbrae area and throughout California in construction litigation. I assist people and businesses mired in conflicts to get relief and move their projects forward.
Skilled California litigator handles a range of construction disputes
If you've embarked upon a construction project in California, I provide skilled counsel for any disputes you may encounter that threaten to derail its completion. I negotiate, arbitrate, mediate and litigate cases arising from:
- Breach of contract
- Construction bond claims
- Construction defects
- Construction delays
- Home remodels
- Mechanic’s liens
- Contract preparation and revisions
- Public bidding
- Subcontractor performance
The Law Office of Cathleen Curl represents clients involved in all aspects of construction, including homeowners, homeowner associations, businesses, general contractors, subcontractors, developers, lenders, bond and surety companies, design professionals and suppliers of materials.
Thorough legal professional provides knowledgeable advice and advocacy
Establishing fault in construction cases often requires specialized knowledge of industry practices and standards. I will draw on the expertise of qualified professionals, including general contractors, civil and structural engineers, soil engineers, geotechnical engineers, design professionals, and other experts to bolster your case.
Proven counselor advises on mediation and arbitration
Often, parties can avoid the expense and stress of litigation by making use of alternative means of resolution, such as mediation and arbitration. Moreover, many construction contracts have clauses that require nonbinding or binding arbitration to resolve disputes. I have experience representing parties at arbitration and mediation proceedings. I seek to negotiate lasting solutions that save clients time and money.
Established attorney seeks fair compensation
If you have been harmed by a construction defect or a contractor's or subcontractor’s failure to perform, I will press for compensation to cover:
- Actual damages, including the past and future costs of repairing and restoring your damaged property, and any contents damaged due to the defect (such as water damage caused by faulty plumbing)
- Compensation for the loss of the use and enjoyment of your property, including inconvenience, aggravation, and discomfort
- Compensation for appraisal fees, storage charges and cleaning costs incurred
- Compensation for the reasonable cost of rental of similar property during periods when your property could not be used
- Under limited circumstances, exemplary or punitive damages, intended to punish a defendant and deter particularly malicious or reckless conduct in the future
- Interest on your damages as permitted by law
- Attorney fees and costs if provided for in your contract
The Law Office of Cathleen Curl is determined to help you recover appropriate damages in a timely manner for any construction litigation I undertake on your behalf.
Contact a California construction litigator.
Every moment of delay in a construction project costs you time and money. To assert your rights in a construction dispute, call The Law Office of Cathleen Curl at 650-763-8681 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation. From my Millbrae office, I help individuals and businesses resolve construction disputes throughout California.